Just a few metres from the Trabanta ski lift, the Chalet La Maya restaurant offers traditional and refined cuisine for kids and adults alike. The establishment is divided into a bistro area, a restaurant area and a space for children.
EVOLVING ALONGSIDE THE RESORT:
The building known as La Maya was created at the start of the 1970s. Maurice and Rodolphe Rudaz installed a self-service establishment on the ground floor, which they dubbed Maya Village. In 1980, Jean Schartz took over the premises and turned it into a restaurant. The establishment changed hands in 2004 and, after a short stint as a gourmet restaurant, the Chalet La Maya—now managed by Fribourg native Cyrille Heimo—began specialising in traditional and refined cuisine
to suit all budgets in 2006.
Where can I enjoy an aperitif with a view?
Chalet La Maya has a terrace with breathtaking views of the Val d'Hérens and its legendary peaks, the Dent Blanche and the Matterhorn.
Located on the first level of the village of Les Collons (Les Collons 1800), the restaurant had a makeover during the summer of 2017, and now includes:
MENUS FOR KIDS AND GROWN-UPS:
- a bistro area with high and low tables
- a restaurant area that seats around 80 people
- A kids' corner with lots of games, books and a large blackboard wall with coloured chalk.
The Chalet La Maya offers dishes to suit every appetite:
- Fast food at lunchtime (croque-monsieurs, paninis, portions of chips)
- Seasonal menus with local products in the evening
- Dishes for sharing such as meat fondue
- A menu for children and teenagers with smaller portions and affordable options