Family-run sports shop specialising in the sale and rental of summer and winter equipment in the heart of the village of Les Collons.
A PIONEERING FAMILY: The Theytaz family played an active role in the development of the Thyon ski resort in the 1950s. Louis and his wife Mimine were the first to build and operate ski lifts, Theytaz I and Theytaz II, which still exist today. They went on to found the ski school before moving into the sale and rental of sports equipment in 1968.
20 years later, their son François—who grew up in his parents' store—joined the family business. His daughter Karolane followed in his footsteps in 2008.
Looking to buy ski equipment for you and your children?
400 M2 OF SALE AND RENTAL OPTIONS:
The Theytaz Sports store offers a comprehensive range of equipment for ages 3 and up.
The Theytaz Sports team is made up of 4 year-round staff and 10 during the winter season.
The store offers:
- The sale and rental of equipment for children, teens and adults for winter and summer sports: alpine skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, Telemark skiing, mountain biking, etc.
- Half-day, multi-day or seasonal rentals
- Online equipment bookings on www.skiset.com
Want to test out an electric mountain bike?
Theytaz Sports also offers the opportunity to rent and buy electric mountain bikes, also known as e-bikes. François and his team will be happy to show you the routes in Val d'Hérens, the ideal landscape for mountain biking.
COMPETITIONS AND SPECIAL OFFERS:
- Several competitions are organised during the winter with prizes up for grabs
- A Telemark skiing test is set to launch in January 2019