Freedom and peace at your fingertips thanks to numerous itineraries in sealskins around Thyon.
The area is ideal for the practice of this gentle and environmentally friendly sport. Several difficulty levels are available for hikers and the resort shops will be happy to advise you on adapted equipment.
A SPORT THAT REQUESTS EXPERIENCE: Ski touring doesn't improvise. This sport requires first and foremost a good physical condition and good off-piste skiing technique. Secondly, a cross-country ski trip requires a very good knowledge of the terrain, snow conditions and weather. For this reason, it is strongly recommended that those who would discover the area should contact the services of a mountain guide. Thyon Guides Office offers a wide range of services for sealskins outings for one or more days.
1 to 2 persons: CHF 550.00
3 to 4 persons: CHF 600.00
5 to 6 persons: CHF 650.00
1 to 2 persons: CHF 300.00
3 to 6 persons: CHF 350.00
- Meals, guide's meal
- Transport (taxi, helicopter, etc.)
- Personal equipment
- Safety equipment (Shovel, probe, DVA)
- Personal insurance
THE ESSENTIAL KIT
- Touring skis or splitboard
- Footwear and bindings specially designed for hiking
- Safety equipment (Avalanche Victim Detector (DVA, shovel, probe)
- Ice axe and crampons for steep slopes
- Find out as much as you can about the itinerary and conditions (snow and weather forecast)
- Check the condition of your equipment
- Never leave alone
- Inform another person before you leave
- If in doubt, turn back!